Suzanne Cory High School has two Student Wellbeing Counsellors who are available between 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday during the school term. Students and parents are encouraged to contact the Student Wellbeing Counsellors for any issues relating to their or their child/guardian’s wellbeing.
The Student Wellbeing Counsellors are available for a confidential chat about anything that might be getting in the way of enjoying school, and achieving future goals. This might be stress, worries about studies, feeling low in mood more often than usual, and issues with friends and/or family. Everything discussed is completely confidential, meaning your information will not be shared without your consent. There are occasional exceptions to this, which will be discussed during the first meeting.
Students can arrange to meet with us by:
- Visiting us directly at our office, which is located down the corridor from the Careers Office and opposite the VCE/Timetabling Office
- Sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request support or to make an appointment;
- Talking to their Home Group teacher, or their Wellbeing Leader who can help to make an appointment with a Student Wellbeing Counsellor.
Parents/Guardians can contact us to discuss their child/guardian’s wellbeing by:
- Calling the school directly and requesting to speak with a Student Wellbeing Counsellor;
- Sending an email to email@example.com with a query or to make a time to discuss their concerns;
- If urgent, requesting to see a Student Wellbeing Counsellor at the school’s reception.
Out of hours
If support is required out of school hours and during school holidays for any wellbeing issues, options include:
- If urgent, contacting 000 or presenting to your local hospital emergency department;
- Making an appointment to see your family doctor or GP;
- Contacting a specialist service such as headspace in your local area;
- Or using one of the following contact numbers:
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline (for young people up to 25 years of age) – 1800 55 1800
- Beyondblue –1300 22 4636
- eheadspace – eheadspace.org.au
Student Engagement & Wellbeing Policy
Please click here to view our Student Engagement & Wellbeing Policy.
Contact Student Wellbeing
All messages sent through the below form go straight to the Student Wellbeing Counsellors